Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Media bias when it comes to mssing persons

I just find it fascinating that almost all people who are prominently featured in the missing persons as far as the media is concerned are almost all white. Now I have to think that there are other people who are not white who go mssing all the time. I empathize for the family of Natalee Halloway. I have no idea what its like for that family to have a loved one missing. However having round the clock coverage of this case I think is a bit over blown. The part that irks me most is that we have the FBI involved. We are fighting the war on terrorism not only golobally but also domestically. There are many times when US citizens are kidnapped by people when they are abroad. We can not be using valuable resources for something that has nothing to with national security. I also find it arrogant on the part of the US that we think we can do a better job than everybody else. Fact is that we have murder cases here in the US that we have not solved. We need to let the Aruban govevernment do their job. I think that they have been unfairly criticized because they have a different investigative and judicial process than we do.

No comments: